Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I know where I'm going!

Hey everyone the big news has come! I will be working in town at a School for special education students. Apparently though special education covers a wide gambit of things. Some students with learning disabilities to others who have down syndrome and autism.I am replacing another volunteer who said the students and staff are wonderful. I am very excited to get started and really start being a part of a community.The students are from kindergarten all the way up to young adult age.There is also a vocational track for the girls who do not go into high school.the students and staff are a rough even mixture of Fijian and Indo-Fijians. This is especially exciting since I will be exposed to both cultures.
My home is minutes away from the school and is generally praised as one of the best homes overall of all the volunteers.YAY!I also get to share the home with another Peace Corps volunteer, which I am very happy about since I will not be so alone and can have a bit of security.There will also be 2 other volunteers living in the same town so we will all be able to see each other on a regular basis.I move in on the 8th of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment