Thursday, September 9, 2010

Epic Failures!

So I have two epic failures under my belt.
First of which being my continual insistence that I attend the local netball practices for the local teams.As you all may know already I am athletically challenged and have been so for quite sometime. I thought it would be good for me to get to know people in my area and have some type of regular exercise.Thankfully the people I train with are so nice. It may be because I am a foreigner so there may already be little to no expectation of any athletic ability already.They cheer me on as I run slowly, usually the last one to finish our 10 min runs.Sometimes it's so weird because I tell my body to go faster but it just won't do it.
My second epic fail was just yesterday when I tried to teach self esteem to a group of vocational female students.Looking back now on hindsight I can see that I made so many mistakes in how I structured the lesson plan and what teaching tools I could have used.I think though I need a bit more professional direction which I am trying to gain from the other teachers.If any teachers out there reading my blog-J.Rob. Please feel free to give your input on structuring lesson plans and what tools I should use.

In other news I will be celebrating Eid, which is a Muslim holiday today.I will tell you more about it next week.Also, Father's Day is celebrated on the first Sunday of September so I wish all the fathers especially my father a great belated Father's Day.

1 comment:

  1. Janis,

    Those don't sound like failures at all! You're learning something new every time you try something new and your community undoubtedly appreciates every effort. You're building relationships and creating memories. Sounds like an amazing experience, to me! Keep up the good work!

    Pravin

    ReplyDelete